What is Homebuilders?
HOMEBUILDERS provides intensive, in-home crisis intervention, counseling, and life skills education for families who have children at imminent risk of placement.
- The goal is to prevent the unnecessary out-of-home placement of children through intensive on site intervention, and to teach families new problem solving skills to prevent future crisis
- The program includes 4-6 weeks of services to children and families
- Therapists spend an average of 8-10 hours per week in direct contact with the family and are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week for crisis intervention
Criteria for Services
- TChild is at imminent risk of placement
- Less intensive services have been exhausted or they are not appropriate
- Valid or suspected physical abuse or neglect
- Substance use that puts the child at risk of placement or parents have given birth to a drug-affected infant
- Family members threaten each other verbally or physically, which puts the child at imminent risk of placement
- Parent or child has a mental illness that is not being managed appropriately
For more details, contact us at 318-213-0904 or Schedule an Appointment at your convenience.
If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide or are concerned about someone you know, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). For immediate crisis support, please call 911. You may also visit the Suicide Prevention Resource Center – Louisiana for other helpful resources.