Multi-Systemic Therapy (MST) is an evidence based intensive home/family/community-based treatment for youth who are at risk of out-of-home placement or who are returning home from placement services. MST treats those factors in the youth's environment that are contributing to his or her behavior, individual characteristics of the youth (e.g., poor problem solving skills), family relations (e.g., inept discipline), peer relations (e.g., association with deviant peers), and school performance (e.g., academic difficulties).
THE PHILOSOPHY OF MST
- To hold service providers accountable for engaging the family in treatment.
- To remove barriers to successful outcomes.
- To promote retention in treatment and attainment to the treatment goals.
- To maintain treatment integrity.
PRIMARY GOALS OF MST
- Reduce rates of anti-social behavior in the adolescent.
- Reduce out-of-home placement.
- Empower families to resolve future difficulties.
THE TEAM APPROACH
MST is conducted by therapists who are part of a "Team". The Team works to promote the family's capacity to monitor and manage youth's behavior, the Team involves families and other systems, such as schools, probation officers, extended families and community connections. MST provides access to a variety of interventions 24/7 staff.
To male and female youth ages 11 to 17, with anti-social behavior including DSM IV-TR diagnoses (but not limited to):
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
DURATION OF SERVICES:
- Typically 3 to 5 months;
- Weekly intervention may range from 3-20 hours per week
REFERRALS ACCEPTED FROM:
- Court Recommended treatment from a Juvenile Court Judge
- Office of Juvenile Justice
- Probation or Parole Officer
- Office of Community Services
- Law Enforcement Agency
- Mental Health Professionals
- School System Professionals
- Self Referral
To provide quality and effective professional services to individuals, families and communities utilizing a recovery model from a holistic perspective. We will strive to assess the ongoing needs of our communities in the tri-state areas and develop programs that are on the cutting edge that best meets those needs. It is our vision that Life Changing Solutions, LLC will remain in the forefront of service delivery to the Mental Health and Social Service Industry for the home, school and community.
Improving youth outcomes is our sole objective. To this end, our "prime directive" is to make each and every decision based upon what is the "right thing to do" from a clinical and outcome-oriented perspective. Our core values guide all of our actions and decision-making.